ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Our products educate and empower students, teachers and families around the world. We believe that every student is a future leader and the leadership skills of self-awareness, mindfulness, well-being, and social-emotional learning, emotional intelligence and resilience should be available to everyone, to create a more compassionate world.
We've already built and tested products that are reaching into schools and helping ten's of thousands of students in Australia. Now we're taking it to the next level and going global.
We have an ambitious, yet realistic goal of reaching 30 million students, teachers and families globally by 2020. We have the domain knowledge, content, and relationships but now we are building the platform to deliver on this next stage of our vision.
Due to growth and expansion we are currently on the lookout for skilled software engineers who are at their best in a startup environment and share our passion for making a difference to children's lives through education. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an award winning technology startup, backed by Telstra's muru-D IT accelerator and supported by an existing sales force and relationships with schools that will ensure that the results of your code are put to good use in classrooms all over Australia and other parts of the globe.
You will work directly with the company's founders and product manager to contribute to our software vision and help bring it to life.
You will have full reign on the technical stack you recommend.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONSSoftware Engineer - Front End focus areas:
- Experience with state management with Redux,
- Experience building SPA applications.
- Experience with webpack and other build tools
- Experience building products to support all major browsers
- Experience with SaaS products
- Experience working with CSS Grids, Flexbox, SCSS, Bootstrap or Foundation framework
- Ability to learn new technologies on the job, and working with various libraries and plugins
- Working with a version-control system
- Willing to learn back-end technologies, Node JS and SQL and No-SQL databases.
- Requirements gathering, prototyping, architecting and implementing solutionsAPI, Database architecture and data structures
- Understanding SQL procedures, triggers and indexing
- Experience with Node JS
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with NoSql (MongoDB) & MySql
- Experience developing in an AWS environment, CI/CD
- Working with a version-control system
- You are resourceful and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation with the ability to work effectively as a team member and alone.
- You have a customer centric approach to development.
- You can meet deadlines and generally operate with a sense of urgency and expediency.
- You will possess strong attention to detail and care for the code you generate and its quality
- Degree or tertiary qualifications within engineering or related disciplines
- Extensive knowledge in software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Comfortable with component-based front-end frameworks as well as back-end technologies
- Proven coding and software engineering skills
- You have built and scaled modern consumer-focused apps, browser platforms/products
- Demonstrated experience building new products
- Excellent leadership skills and able to nurture high performing teams
- Extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm for startup culture
- You will have experience building consumer marketplaces with modern web technology. You are hands-on - still actively writing code and happy doing so.
- Want to be part of an incredible team
- This is an excellent career opportunity to join a dynamic start up and own the technical leadership function.
If you have what it takes to succeed at this rewarding challenge, and would like to wake up every morning knowing that you will be making a difference please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV in the contact form.
PLEASE NOTE: Only successful applicants will be contacted