Do you want to work for a fast-paced company that's empowering the lives of students, teachers and parents? Life Skills Group is Australia’s leading provider in curriculum based social, emotional and physical learning. Our goal is to give all students the human intelligence skills to be successful in learning and life.
We have gone from being an established business with a well known name and reputation in our sector, to embarking on a broader market territory and a more diverse portfolio offering. Due to this growth and expansion we are looking for passionate Teachers to join our Sydney team.
Exciting opportunity exists for passionate and highly motivated Teachers to join our NSW team as we continue our journey to empowering the lives of teachers, students and families.
THE ROLEYour Role as a Life Skills Group Teacher:
- Deliver high quality curriculum based programs into Primary schools across Sydney and surrounding areas as a contract teacher for Life Skills Group. Areas include: Northern Beaches, Sutherland, Granville, Mt Druitt, Blacktown and Western suburbs.
- Deliver exceptional customer service, always meeting and aiming to exceed customer expectations, by proactively soliciting feedback to ensure continuous improvement during the program.
- Utilise both verbal and nonverbal communication strategies to manage classrooms.
Life Skills Group is Australia's leading curriculum based Primary, Secondary school and Professional Life Skills wellbeing provider.
We are looking for candidates who have a strong passion to change the lives of Children, Parents and their surrounding community through teaching Health & Wellbeing in schools. Help to build a positive enriched community by learning our Curriculum Based Programs, to continue to deliver a very high standard of Professional Teaching.
Our fundamental movement programs focus on physical, social, emotional and attentional self regulating strategies and skills, developed to systematically cultivate wellbeing, resilience and lifelong learning, providing healthy skills for your students physical, social, emotional and mental wellbeing.
Through cross - sectional research and validated classroom pedagogies, we combine:
- Fundamental movement / games / yoga / mindfulness and FUN
- Positive psychology
- Cognitive affective neuroscience with scientifically proven mindfulness activities
- Solid research into child development and social emotional learning
To be successful in this role:
- Experience in teaching Yoga, Mindfulness, Wellbeing or PE
- Experience working with children
- Own transport and willingness to travel to schools within Sydney and surrounding areas.
- Highly organised as we often deliver 6-7 x 45 minute physical classes per day
- You would first need to learn our curriculum based Programs
- This is a contract position, so you would need an ABN and your own insurance.
In return we can offer you a great working culture in a rewarding industry, with ongoing training and development opportunities.
If you have what it takes to succeed at this rewarding challenge, and would like to wake up every morning knowing that you will be making a difference please send a cover letter which details why you are the person we are looking for and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV in the contact form.
PLEASE NOTE: Only successful applicants will be contacted