Head of Sales
Head of Sales – Edtech – Social-Emotional Learning- AUS / NZ
We are looking for an experienced Head of Sales to own the whole sales growth strategy.
Proven experience in SaaS essential. If you have been looking for an opportunity to be able to dive in deep and grow within a fast-paced EdTech startup that is now shifting gears and scaling up. Do you have what it takes to be hands-on initially, develop and execute an effective sales growth strategy, and scale a team to deliver, whilst having a genuine positive impact on the wellbeing of students and teachers? If so, we want to hear from you.
About Life Skills Group
It is our vision that every child has access to an effective, measurable, and affordable social, emotional, and physical education. With over 13 years experience supporting whole-school wellbeing frameworks through our market-leading EdTech, in-school student wellbeing programs, and teacher professional development programs, we are proud innovators who are driven by social impact every day.
You will work with a diverse and brilliant group of people who want to make a positive impact to the future of children and educators globally. Every role at Life Skills Group aspires to empower students, teachers, and families to thrive.
We are seeking a Head of Sales to work together with the Life Skills Group executive team to drive and implement the Life Skills Group sales strategy. You will be required to build a high-performance sales team that thinks globally and executes locally. Given the scale-up nature of the company, you will need to be flexible and inventive in the delivery of your strategy. This role is based out of our head office in Sydney. There will be a requirement for travel (when possible).
- Develop and execute a strategic plan in conjunction with the senior executive team
- Hire, nurture, and manage a high-performance sales team
- Deliver to quarterly and annual targets. Set and manage forecasts and sales budgets
- Develop channel opportunities with organisations and corporations
- Implement best-of-breed sales techniques, processes and policies across the globe
- Identify opportunities, threats and challenges in markets and act accordingly
- Be accountable for the effective use of our systems to monitor, train and empower the team
- Work closely with marketing, product teams and other functions to succeed
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years experience in SAAS sales (ideally EdTech, but other software industries considered).
- 2+years of sales management experience
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent
- Experience selling into government is beneficial
- Experience in the education sector is beneficial
Bonus points if you have:
- Previously a teacher/wellbeing leader/ school executive in a primary school
- Prior experience in EdTech
- A strong network of contacts in Australian Schools
- Built and scaled sales teams
What you'll bring:
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), and relationship management skills
- Hustle and determination: You are driven by excellence and do what it takes to do a job well and get it done.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and adaptability: we are scaling our start-up so we’re not just looking for someone to run a playbook, we want you to help build it and be open to pivoting
- Willing and coachable: You’re open to new ideas and trying things out to see what works and what doesn’t
- Self-awareness: you love feedback, make smart adjustments based on it, and realise that is the main way you can improve
- Passion for what we’re building here at Life Skills Group and excited to expand our reach and impact
- Remarkable interpersonal, high emotional intelligence, communication, organisation and persuasion skills
- You value building, maintaining and nurturing relationships with stakeholders
- Resourceful and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation with the ability to work effectively as a team member and alone
- Love exceeding targets and yet want to do something meaningful and make a difference
- You love to meet deadlines and generally operate with a sense of urgency and expediency
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
Why Life Skills Group
- A business with a strong mission, to globally empower educators to prioritise, support and measure the development of social, emotional andphysical literacy for our next generation of leaders.
- A fast and exciting scale-up environment
- Edtech is a booming industry
- Work closely alongside seasoned successful entrepreneurs
- Opportunity to innovate and challenge the status quo
If you have what it takes to succeed at this rewarding challenge, and would like to wake up every morning knowing that you will be making a difference in the world, please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications without a Cover Letter are not being considered.