Do you remember being taught the life skills to address your anxieties, social skills, mental health, managing emotions and resilience at school?
No neither do we….
Imagine what life would have looked like if we were taught these skills back then?
Picture yourself waking up every single day knowing that you were addressing one of the greatest concerns for youth - their own mental health - and helping to build their self-awareness, self-regulation, positive relationships, critical thinking, creativity and self-regulation.
Life Skills Group Online is a technology company that exists to nurture the social, emotional and physical learning of students and young people. We have developed an engaging online learning space for students called Life Skills GO. Life Skills GO has been designed to support schools across Australia and soon across the world as they strive to nurture their students with qualities and skills that lead to confidence, successful learning, positive relationships and wellbeing.
We are looking for a Head of Content and curriculum to apply expertise in designing curriculum, content and evaluative practices and to utilise their understanding of what students, teachers and schools need to thrive in our rapidly changing world.
The learning content of Life Skills GO:
- draws on social emotional learning frameworks, mindfulness science, growth mindset and positive psychology in combination with effective pedagogical practices
activates the wellbeing and lifelong learning of students
aligns to the Australian Curriculum for Health and Physical Education and syllabus documents of each state, as well as the Australian Curriculum general capability of Personal and Social Capability
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate your immediate proficiency in addressing each of the Selection Criteria below
For the initial application process you should submit a cover letter (1 page), resume (up to 3 pages) and address the Selection Criteria (up to 3 pages).
- Outstanding teaching experience within the K-6 range
- Demonstrated excellence to design assessment and evaluation practices and use of data to guide improvement
- Demonstrated successful implementation of initiatives that successfully ensure student and teachers wellbeing and development of personal and social capabilities
- Demonstrated understanding of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers and application of processes for teacher accreditation and registration of professional development
- Demonstrated high level capacity to design, implement and coordinate planning, monitoring and evaluation practices to guide the achievement of team milestones
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication and interpersonal skills and the capacity to apply these to a wide range of projects
You will work in a modern office space, with equipment, team members and facilities that will make it productive and fun to come to work each day.
Life Skills Group Online embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We value a team with a variety of ideas, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills that can unite around a common goal to make a difference in the lives and future of every young person, and make EQ as valued as IQ.
If you have what it takes to succeed at this rewarding challenge, and would like to wake up every morning knowing that you will be making a difference please send a cover letter which details why you are the person we are looking for and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV in the contact form.
Due to the volume of applicants only successful applicants will be contacted.